neighbourhood cats
The stray cats in my neighbourhood like sleeping under cars parked in driveways. I first noticed this eons ago, in that casual way you notice things without really thinking very much about them. It was only after I started driving, I think, that this quirk of feline behaviour really registered in my mind as something worth paying attention to. Because, of course, one doesn't want to accidentally run over a cat that might have just been woken from its afternoon nap by the revving of one's car engine and is hastening to scamper to safety ...
If I were a cat, I'd probably like sleeping under cars, too. Think about it. It's shelter from the tropical sun and equally tropical rain, provides both shade and warmth (tarred roads must be pretty toasty in the afternoons, even in the shadow of a Honda Jazz), and maybe all the fur and fat would make rough road surfaces feel comfortably, deliciously textured. It must be such a treat, especially in our hot, dry weather -- the height of luxury for discerning felines.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home