fanatic fandom

My other blog is a BMW. But this is a bandanna-pink Volkswagen Beetle - for flirty frivolous fun and fanatic fandom. This is where i get to play the bimbonic-geek and rave, enthuse, bitch and rant about anything and everything under the sun. Feel free to chip in!

Thursday, October 18, 2007

dreamin' of south africa

I swear, it's not just cos of Coetzee. Though novels and poetry about South Africa, admittedly, did play a large part in getting me fascinated with the idea of the place.

Over the years I've learnt to recognise and accept the fact that my life happens over long spans of time. 11 years to stop running away from God and turn to Him instead, 8 years to come to terms with the loss of a city-home, 7 years to really get over a dream, 6 years to start feeling at home in a workplace, 5 years to mend a broken friendship... So this South African dream has been incubating for more than 2 years now, and it's finally come to a point where I have to declare my allegiance, so to speak, and work to make it happen.

I'm fairly sure it will happen, circumstances permitting (it's complicated) and God willing, because the last time I determined to go somewhere, I actually did, just over a year later.

Here's to South Africa in December 2008. Cheers. :)
...
...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home