pondering a pandemic
Amidst all the disruption and uncertainty of this virus situation, I've been trying not to feel … well, how do I put this without sounding like a smug complacent whatsit ...
.
I guess it's just that I feel like my life has been disrupted in so many ways, big and small, for the last 16 years -- I've had the opportunity to learn how to deal with disruption and uncertainty in a way that many of my more fortunate peers have not. Their lives have always gone according to plan, more or less -- at least in the big things. They've never had to deal with their dreams being shattered through no fault of their own, never had to learn to just pick up the pieces and keep on keeping on and build a new life from those broken pieces. And now they're whining about the tiniest interruptions to the way their everyday lives have always gone -- things that I don't even register as interruptions. And I'm trying not to roll my eyes and feel impatient …
.
.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home