fanatic fandom

My other blog is a BMW. But this is a bandanna-pink Volkswagen Beetle - for flirty frivolous fun and fanatic fandom. This is where i get to play the bimbonic-geek and rave, enthuse, bitch and rant about anything and everything under the sun. Feel free to chip in!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

auspicium melioris aevi / the best is yet to be

"I'm not sure I would want to be well-adjusted to things as they are. I would prefer to be racked by desire for things better than they are, even for things which are unattainable, than to be satisfied with things as they are... I am not satisfied with the present state of things in this country and I'm afraid of complacency about it."

- Tennessee Willliams
...
...

2 Comments:

At Fri Oct 20, 08:10:00 pm GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the quote suits you.

G

 
At Sat Oct 21, 08:32:00 am GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes dearie, why would i have put it up here otherwise?

heh. :) found it while doing research for one of the texts i'm teaching this year.

on another note, i'm kinda amused by how the mottos / mottoes (sp??) of the 2 rival schools fit so nicely into the last 2 lines of the RJ school song. they even rhyme. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home