fanatic fandom

My other blog is a BMW. But this is a bandanna-pink Volkswagen Beetle - for flirty frivolous fun and fanatic fandom. This is where i get to play the bimbonic-geek and rave, enthuse, bitch and rant about anything and everything under the sun. Feel free to chip in!

Thursday, September 22, 2005

september has come...

September is the time of the year for goodbyes. So, for all the people in my life who are leaving or who have left for various far-flung places in search of their private rainbows, here's a gratuitous, non-literary, and admittedly cheesy pop song that says, in its mood if not in its actual wording, what i feel about this latest spate of leavings:


Leaving On A Jet Plane

All my bags are packed, I’m ready to go
I’m standin’ here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin’, it’s early morn
The taxi’s waitin’, he’s blowin’ his horn
Already I’m so lonesome I could die

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you’ll wait for me
Hold me like you’ll never let me go
'Cause I’m leavin’ on a jet plane
Don’t know when I’ll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go

There’s so many times I’ve let you down
So many times I’ve played around
I tell you now, they don’t mean a thing
Ev’ry place I go, I’ll think of you
Ev’ry song I sing, I’ll sing for you
When I come back, I’ll bring your wedding ring

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you’ll wait for me
Hold me like you’ll never let me go
'Cause I’m leavin’ on a jet plane
Don’t know when I’ll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go

Now the time has come to leave you
One more time, oh let me kiss you
Then close your eyes, I’ll be on my way
Dream about the days to come
When I won’t have to leave alone
About the times when I won’t have to say

Oh, kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you’ll wait for me
Hold me like you’ll never let me go
'Cause I’m leavin’ on a jet plane
Don’t know when I’ll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go.
...
...

2 Comments:

At Mon Sept 26, 11:47:00 am GMT+8, Blogger xinwei said...

Somewhat surprisingly, I kinda like this song, it grew on me (like mould on a cheese), and would possibly also taste good with crackers.

 
At Wed Oct 05, 09:59:00 am GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey ma'am, are you still planning on visiting the east coast in november?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home